|Posted on Jul 21st, 2014 Comments (0)
Our Direction for 2015 & Beyond!
Over the past few months, the 2014 Board of Directors are volunteering their time to make sure your investment in our community is going in a positive direction. As we recognize many prior board members have dedicated numerous hours and changed policies with each board, we also recognize futre boards will also bring change. The current board has been working hard and here are some of the results we would like to share with you.
Current & Future Changes
- Currently, our board members do no have community debit cards.
- Our reviewing of the $7,176.95 spent for the July 4th 2013 party and over $2,000.00, plus $500.00 donated by two vendors for the Easter Egg Hunt, another $425.00 for Halloween and $250.00 for Christmas, has led us to make a unanimous decision to freeze spending until we have an active Social Committee with a more cost effective budget. Because of these spending decisions, we should have a projected savings of over $7,000.00 this year, just within this one budget item alone.
- The newsletter chairperson has a goal to bring the newsletter in its current format to a break-even situation by the end of August or we will go to a much simpler format with more community information and less or no advertisements. This changes brings $19,600. in savings annually. The newsletter chairperson's total ad sales for Jan 2013 - May 2014 was $19,547. but, still ran a deficit of $9,602. for that period. The sale person's commision for that period was $5,864.
- We also determined that having someone in the guard house selling clickers and stickers every Saturday, was not required with the Management office only a few miles down the road. However, we will have this service the first Saturday of each month saving our community $6,800. for this year and possibly more next year.
- New lawyer contact controls are in place which will reduce our legal charges substantially. Budget #0657 (new account for road repairs and installation of speed bumps) $10,000. will not be used. Securing the $10,000. Electronic gate access cards will not be installed saving $5,000. No new fountains for other ponds savings $10,700. All of these actions reduce our Operating costs and we are reviewing the operations carefully each month and have new controls in place.
- We are cutting what this Board feels are either non-essential items or waste and focusing on some very important items we will be facing in the near future. Two critical items, the depression near the pool, and the estimates to repave the roads currently scheduled for 2020. Both are being reviewed. We want to make sure we have the proper funds being put away annually in Reserves to avoid any Special Assessments. We are also reviewing Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions For Parkstone, Article 6: Common Area, 6.6 (8) (e) Water Levels in Retention Ponds to make sure they are working properly. The process by which work orders are approved by Management have been streamlined so that many common items, like fencing, can be repaired quickly increasing our Members satisfaction with our Maintenance program and keep our community looking its best.
NOTE: If you have any questions or concerns, please join us at our next HOA meeting on Monday, July 28, 2014 begin held at Metro Church Suite #103 at 7:00PM. We would appreciate hearing from you, especially if your getting any information through the rumor mill. Unfortunately, we all realize that rumors do exist but we will confirm the validity of your concerns at any Open HOA Meetings. If you are unable to attend the meetings, you can make a contact on a Parkstone website.
Your Parkstone Board of Directors
|July Parkstone eNews Now Available
|Posted on Jun 27th, 2014
PARKSTONE eNews Letter July 2014
Dear Fellow Neighbors,
The newest Parkstone eNews is now available. Click here to view!
This eNews letter is one way of keeping beneficial communication open in our great
PLEASE USE THE COUPONS. We might be changing our distribution to every other month due to cost as opposed to monthly but if our paying advertisers are happy then we might continue monthly. So, please consider utilizing the products and services of our local businesses. This is potentially good for us, you, Parkstone, the business owners and Winter Springs.
|Welcome Paradise Lawns & Landscaping